Hiawatha USD 415 is currently accepting applications for a Custodian at Hiawatha High School. Applications can be obtained at the Board of Education office 706 S 1st St. Hiawatha, KS or by clicking the following link: http://bit.ly/2V0Trlw
PURPOSE: Keeps all assigned facilities clean, sanitary and in orderly conditions; maintains grounds, provides classroom and program support by performing duties assigned by Building Principal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Performs housekeeping duties which shall include but not be limited to the following: sweeps, dusts, strips, scrubs, mops, polishes, waxes, buffs and vacuums hallways, stairs, classrooms and offices; empties all inside and outside trash containers; assists with periodic or emergency classroom clean-up duties.
• Performs facility, mechanical and equipment duties which shall include but not be limited to the following:
o Reports need for minor/major repairs to lighting, heating, and ventilating systems or equipment to building administrator, promptly.
• Performs grounds keeping duties which shall include but not be limited to the following:
o Keeps grounds/playing fields in preparatory condition;
o Picks up litter, cleans grounds; cleans snow and debris from sidewalks; assists in emergency clean-up or removal of snow/debris.
• Assists by moving, hauling and rearranging furniture as classroom or building revisions are made.
• Assists with moving, setting up and storage of audio visual, classroom equipment and/or curriculum materials.
• Picks up, hauls and delivers equipment and supplies.
• Assists in cautioning staff about constraints in the safe use of equipment, facilities or property.
• Follows written and oral directions for job duties; stays alert to and reports emergency situations; abides by district safety standards.
• Uses cleaning implements, equipment, machinery and vehicles provided by the district to accomplish job tasks including but not limited to sweepers and vacuums, scrubbers, waxes and buffers, snow blowers, weed eaters etc.; uses vehicles to haul items required by the school.
• Manages job requirements with physical mobility to move from place to place (walks, stands, sits, pushes, pulls, lifts up to 75 pounds on a daily basis, moves); and, uses large, heavy equipment.
• Manages job requirements with ability to access remote areas of buildings including unstable surfaces and areas with construction debris; climbs ladders and scaffolds; crawls through tunnels and other limited areas as necessary.
• Manages job requirements with physical dexterity to use small basic hand tools in simple procedures (changes bulbs, minor repair to plumbing equipment, etc.)
• Manages job requirements with ability to communicate and make observations and recommendations.
• Be available on assigned weekends for building check.
• Attends in-service training.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
• Performs minor repairs and adjustments.
• Removes/replaces broken glass and light bulbs; assists with minor repair of furniture, shades or blinds.
• Performs lunchroom custodial services.
• Hauls supplies and equipment.
• Assists with equipment storage.
• Must support district mission, goals and objectives.
• Must meet all safety requirements as directed by the District.
• Must complete annual training as required by District.
• Must score at least a 3 on the Fit 4 Duty Evaluation.
• Evaluation performed annually by Director of Maintenance and Principal.
CONTRACT LENGTH: This position is a 12 month position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Experience preferred, but not required.