September 21, 2020
Good afternoon. As you know by now, our district is transitioning to remote learning beginning
tomorrow, September 24, 2020. We will be remote learning September 24-October 9, 2020. We plan to return to on site learning on October 12.
Here are a few high school specific pieces of information:
1. If you do not have internet access for your student to work from home, please contact the
high school immediately.
2. Students in grades K-12 are eligible to pick up lunches at designated pick up areas. The
district will be communicating out a list of locations. Parents will need to fill out the google
form so we know how much food to prepare. A link to the form can be found here: Lunch form
3. All extra curricular activities (unless those that can be done virtually) that were scheduled
between September 24 and October 9 are postponed.
4. Vo Tech students will be contacted via school email for more information regarding their
5. Today, students should be bringing home their school issued computers, as well as any
learning materials they might need.
6. Teachers will be communicating out the remote learning expectations for each class.
Students will be required to attend their class via zoom at the designated time each day.
7. If your child is ill and cannot attend their class zoom meetings or complete their learning
activities, please notify the high school office.
8. All students should have already accepted their Google Classroom invitations and should be familiar with the course management system.
9. If your child receives special education services, their case manager will be in touch with you.
The state requires a Remote Learning Assurance form for each remote learner. Please fill out that form here: Remote Learning Assurance Form Our dedicated staff remains committed to providing a high quality educational experience for all our students. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Hiawatha High School