Example Questions for College Representatives
Visiting college campuses is the best way to determine if a school is right for you, however, if you are meeting with a representative instead it is important to gather as much information as possible. Here is a list of questions to make sure you get answered during your visit.
- What are the application deadlines for admission?
- Is the ACT or SAT required?
- When must I choose a major?
- Do you offer early decision or early admission?
- What if I don’t meet the admissions requirements?
- Will you accept transfer credits from dual credit classes?
- How easy is it for freshman to get classes?
- What’s the largest class on campus? The smallest?
- What are the most popular majors? Do you have those in which I am interested?
- What types of internships are available?
- Are there study abroad opportunities?
- How do you assign faculty advisors to students, especially those who are undecided about their majors?
- What is the student to faculty ratio?
- What additional academic services are offered to students (tutoring, career counseling, study skills workshops)?
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- When is the priority deadline for financial aid applications?
- What kind of financial aid is available?
- How many students received financial aid last year?
- What types of scholarships are available?
- What types of extra-curricular activities are there on campus?
- What athletic events are popular on campus?
- Are there fraternities and sororities? How strong are they on campus?
- Is there transportation on and off campus? Is it easy to get to town and/or home?
- What do students do in their free time?
- Are students required to live on campus?
- Is housing guaranteed? For how long?
- How are roommates selected?
- How does the meal plan work?